Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Greatest Korean Alive Ice Cream & Cake


My good pal and cousin from another Asian mother Christa Min had her birthday this past week. So I sneaky-deakily (out of sheer love for the greatest Korean alive) created a super mini surprise party for Christa and all of her tight buds, with a surprise musical performance by the super excellent and undercover Joel R L Phelps.

We had a pizza party for four, which then expanded after a knock at the front door to ten guests... earlier I had made a dark chocolate cake with mocha buttercream, and to match, a lightly coffee-flavoured ice cream!

I think I am getting lazy in my ice cream making! All I did was brew 1 strong cup of dark French roast coffee, dumped in some 10% milk, sprinkled a dash of the ground espresso into it, a quick grind of my sea salt mill and mixed in a can of thick sweetened condensed milk. I whisked this all together, powerchilled it in the freezer for 1 hour and then poured straight into my ice cream maker!

It was a little more ice-milky than ice-creamy, so if you want a full creamy ice cream, I would follow the recipe I posted previously on Vietnamese condensed milk coffee ice cream. But if you want a lighter touch to go alongside a delightful rich cake, go light! Go frozen yogurt even! I want to try a coffee frozen yogurt next.

and Happy Birthday cousin C-Min!! xo

11 comments:

Lydia said...

That cake looks amazing and the combination with the ice cream sounds perfect. I've been lazy too, in that I haven't even made ice cream in 2 months. :(

Coco Cake Land said...

ha! lydia, i hear ya!

i have so many ice cream projects i wanted to make but have not had a chance to do any of it.

Pinecone Camp said...

May I please come to your next party? Your ice cream and cake combo looks heavenly! By the way, your blog is ADORABLE.

Coco Cake Land said...

oh thank you so much!! ICE CREAM PARTY! i had planned to sell ice cream at an upcoming blim art market but couldn't figure out the best way to serve it (ie, keep it frozen!) hopefully in the future!

thanks for visiting! ^__^

Kristen said...

Looks delicious!

Sabine Rogers said...

Great pictures! The cake and ice cream look delicious. I've wanted to make an ice cream for a while so I'm hoping to get an attachment soon!

Coco Cake Land said...

Thanks Kristin, Sabine and Yummy cake!

Oooh Sabine, your ice cream attachment will be sooo worth it!

Anonymous said...

This looks almost sinful! Love it!

Coco Cake Land said...

Thanks Yadi! ^__^

Moe Satriani said...

Now I am craving ice cream! I really shouldn't look at your blog before lunch, but I just love all of the tasty treats that you make. I will have to get out my ice cream machine and surprise my kids with it when they come back from the park this afternoon. Thanks again for sharing all of these treats and recipes with us!

Unknown said...

I like your articles guys keep it up.
http://thefrozencone.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...